Child Support Modifications

Unlike with alimony, child support awards are always modifiable, and the general rule in Florida is that either parent can request a child support modification so long as the change would be at least $50 or 15 percent of the current amount, whichever is greater. There are various reasons why a parent might request a child support, some of the most common being a change in income, expenses, time-sharing, when a child turns 18 or 19 in the event the child is still in grad school, or emancipates.